Erasmus+ 2019/2020 second call
[ for spring semester only ] Call for applications: https://www.btk.elte.hu/content/erasmus-potpalyazati-felhivas-2019-20.t.4218
Accepted students will receive opportunity until 30 September 2020 to:
- Study as an exchange student without paying any tuition fee at one of the partner universities within the European Union.
- Complete a professional internship at a university abroad, or at a for- or non-profit organization.
- Complete a professional internship after graduation at a university abroad, or at a profit or non-profit organization
The number of available places for spring semester 2019/2020 is in the yellow column of the Excel file which can be downloaded from https://www.elte.hu/erasmus/palyazat by clicking on BTK in the RÉSZKÉPZÉS column.
!IMPORTANT! There are some universities with language requirements OTHER than English B2:
Universitat De Barcelona - Spanish B1
Universidad Complutens de Madrid - Spanish B2
Philipps-Universität Marburg - English C1
Ludwig Maximilians Universitaet München - German B2
Universite de Nice-Sophia Antipolis - English C1 for PhD
Universitá degli Studi di Roma-La Sapienza - Italian B1
University of Split - English C1 for MA, PhD
Utrecht University - English C1 for MA
University of Zagreb - English C1 for MA
Who can apply?
- You can apply for 3 places simultaneously, indicating your preference in your Application Form.
- BA students: 2 completed terms (in English studies) necessary;
- MA students (ANGD, AMED) and phasing-out students (TANM-ANG): 1 completed term (in English/American Studies) necessary;
- MA teaching degree students (studyíng for 10–12 terms): 3 completed terms (in English studies) necessary.
- Those studying for an MA Teacher’s Degree (osztott és osztatlan): You can only apply if BTK is your home faculty.
- You can only apply for destinations offered by SEAS.
- on-line application via Neptun: submission by 30 September 2019
- one hard copy of application documents to be submitted in R357 or in the box outside by 30 September 2019.
Visit the websites of the universities to which you would like to apply and research the university as well as the courses they offer before making a decision. If you can, talk to students who have studied at the universities you are about to choose. Please note that studying abroad requires independence and self-reliance on the part of the students at the application stage too.
Neptun-bound electronic application
Please follow the guidelines in the ELTE call and contact Ms Izabella Deák (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the International Office if you have any queries.
Your SEAS application package should include the following:
- Signed Application Form (Pályázati űrlap) available from Neptun or from https://www.elte.hu/media/11/00/ca95b1ef69fafcf067f91c8033716a7e7e470c384ed1924f53257f6c9854/palyazati_urlap_1920.pdf: 1 copy per university.
- CV in Hungarian AND English, Foreign students: English only. 1 copy per university.
- Motivation Letter in Hungarian AND English, highlighting the relevance of your choice of institution to your studies at ELTE and to your background. Foreign students: English only. 1 copy per university.
- Study and Research Plan, with detailed information and justification for your specific course selection and your expectations as to how you would benefit from the selected courses, in Hungarian AND English, Foreign students: English only. Try to find courses at the host university whose contents that are similar to the ones you would take at SEAS, so that the credits can be accepted by ELTE. 1 copy per university.
- Authenticated credit list with courses and grades scanned: 1 copy per university. All issued by Tanulmányi Hivatal/Registrar’s Office (with signature and stamp). Self-printed Neptun printscreens will not be accepted.
Copies of language proficiency certificates. 1 copy per university.MA and PhD students: Copy of BA and MA Degree Certificate/Diploma. 1 copy per university.Optional documents for extra points: Letter of Recommendation, awards, any relevant work, etc. 1 copy per university.Recommendations are accepted from SEAS faculty only.Foreign citizens: copy of valid residence permit or refugee status certificate. 1 copy per university
- BA and OTAK: from the previous two completed semesters
- MA and 2-year Teaching MA: from the previous semester or two completed MA semesters
- 1st year MA student: from the last two BA semesters
Do not forget to include the documentation of any of the following for extra points:
- Any extracurricular activity paid or unpaid (e.g., voluntary work for an organisation)
- Outstanding sports achievements
- OTDK awards
- Membership of professional organisations
- Recipient of the ELTE BTK research scholarship
- Documented research (e.g., conference presentations, SEAS Poster Presentation Day, publications)
- Member of a college (Szakkollégium)
- Conference organisation (e.g., HUSSE at SEAS, CADAAD, ICS1 at SEAS)
- Demonstrator/teaching assistant position at a SEAS department