This is an old revision of the document!
BA students and MA students have to submit their theses electronically (soft copy). (Due to Faculty regulations, you must also submit a ring-bound and a hard-bound copy of your thesis (hard copies).)
requirements for the soft copy
- it must be a single PDF file
- the file must not be password protected
- the file must not be scanned; it must be generated from the source file of the thesis (see below for help on creating pdf files). The certificate of research cannot be signed this way in the electronic copy, but make sure you do sign them in the two hard copies. By uploading your thesis you take full responsibility for the content of the electronic copy
- it must contain the entire thesis including title page, certificate of research containing your declaration on the originality of the thesis, appendices, and illustrations (format permitting)[ the front cover may be omitted
- it must be identical with the printed version (hard copy) of your thesis
- visit http://seas3.elte.hu/seas/studies/graduation/thesis/submit.html to submit your thesis
- you will need your Neptun code
- when giving your supervisor’s name do not you any honorifics (prof, dr, PhD), only their family name(s) and given name(s), in this order)
You will receive a message from the server after the upload finishes. Please read it and repeat the upload process if it says there’s anything wrong.
If you receive a “successfully uploaded” message, it only acknowledges the fact that the file has been successfully uploaded but not its compliance with academic criteria. It is the duty of the referee to compare the two copies (soft and hard). Only those theses can be defended that have been uploaded before the deadline and whose copies have proved identical and uploaded as described above.
After a successful upload you can check some details of your thesis in the thesis database (look for your name).
The deadline for submitting the hard copies is set by the Faculty every semester. The SEAS deadline for electronic submission is identical with that of the Faculty.