You have to submit two hard copies (one ring-bound, one hard-bound) of your thesis by the deadline.
publicly funded Hungarian students at the Registrar (Tanulmányi Hivatal) international students at the International Office self-funded BA and MA students: Ms Katalin Szabó (A045) Stipendium Hungaricum students: Mr Rezső Jarmalov (A045)
No hard copies have to be submitted.
Instead, you have to submit your thesis electronically to Neptun (in addition to the standard SEAS upload, described below). Yes, for technical reasons you have to submit the same PDF copy of your thesis to two different places.
BA students and MA students have to submit their theses electronically (soft copy).
- it must be a single PDF file
- the file must not be password protected
- the file must not be scanned; it must be generated from the source file(s) of the thesis (creating PDF files)
- it must contain the entire thesis including title page, certificate of research containing your declaration on the originality of the thesis, appendices, and illustrations (format permitting), the front cover and your signature from the certificate may be omitted
- it must be identical with the
printedversion (hard copy) of your thesisyou uploaded to Neptun
- visit http://seas.elte.hu/seas/thesis/submit-1.pl to submit your thesis
- you will need your Neptun code
- when giving your supervisor’s name do not include any honorifics (prof, dr, PhD), only their family name(s) and given name(s), in this order
After uploading you will receive a message from the server after the upload finishes. Please read it and repeat the upload process if it says there’s anything wrong.
If you receive a “successfully uploaded” message, it only acknowledges the fact that the file has been successfully uploaded but not its compliance with formal or academic criteria. It is the duty of the referee to compare the two copies (SEAS and Neptun). Only those theses can be defended that have been uploaded before the deadline and whose copies have proved identical and uploaded as described above.
After a successful upload you can check some details of your thesis in the thesis database (look for your name).
The deadline for submitting the
hard copies is set by the Faculty every semester. The SEAS deadline for electronic submission is identical with that of the Faculty.